A Primer for People Working with Deaf Consumers
This training is provided to staff at Hope House
This training will provide can understanding of:
- Prevalence of Hearing Loss
- Impact of hearing loss on treatment and service delivery
- How to identify hearing loss through screening and observation
- Modification of service delivery
After the training, participants will be able to :
- Describe experiences deaf consumers had growing up.
- Identify the potential issues arising from this deaf population and their impact in mental health field after attending this training.
- Describe potential crises with deaf and mentally ill people and how to address them properly.